For many dairies, controlling and verifying the lactose concentration in lactose-free and low lactose dairy products is challenging because many of the methods available are not optimal. Current methods tend to be imprecise, slow and laborious or expensive – or any combination of these.
Without access to a fast and precise method for lactose concentration measurement, dairies may have to wait for days to get a result for product release – or release batches based on “typical” results and not have batch-specific concentration data available for all productions.
The LACTOSENS®R test is a direct assay on a biochip that very specifically measures residual lactose in mere minutes in an expanded range of lactose-free and low lactose dairy products. The new LactoSens®R allows testing to be done with flavors such as coffee and chocolate. Validated against the HPLC reference method, LACTOSENS®R is available in the following three versions:
For use with HA-LACTASE™:
- LACTOSENS® 0.02% - concentration range 0.02-1% and very useful for low-lactose products
- LACTOSENS®R - concentration range 0.008-0.2%, the product for lactose-free batch release
For use with NOLA® FIT lactase:
- Release products faster: as soon as in-house testing confirms the lactose concentration is at the claimed level
- Traceability: documented low lactose and lactose-free claims for every batch produced
- Easy to use: very low training requirements
- Specific: no interference from other sugars, coffee, chocolate or fruit preps
- Certainty: validated against the HPLC reference method