Our insights on good bacteria
Explore the Power of Good Bacteria™ – the foundation for fermentation
What if we started looking to nature for answers to build a sustainable future? It's possible already. Discover the wonderful world of good bacteria and fermentation and join the conversation using #goodbacteria on social media.
To view this content consent for functional cookies needs to be given. Click this text to open the consent form.
Our insights on fermentation
"If you don't like bacteria, you're on the wrong planet"
– Steward Brand
bacteria cells on earth
We’re not the only ones talking about fermentation and bacteria …
TEDx talk: Unleashing the Power of Good Bacteria™
In this TEDx Talk, our head of Sustainability & ESG, Camilla Lercke Odgaard, shares how good bacteria can help address climate change through reducing food waste, playing an indispensable role in a plant based food revolution and helping plants and crops stay healthy without chemical pesticides.
Discovering the Magic of Fermentation in England, Italy, and France
Join author Katie Quinn as she explores how delicious staples of a great meal – bread, cheese and wine – develop their complex flavors through fermentation. In this book, Katie offers an inside look into the art and science of fermentation – all while taking you on a gastronomic tour of England, Italy and France.
Podcast: Go with your gut
This 23-minute Economist podcast explores how the trillions of microorganisms in our microbiome could be linked to Parkinson’s disease, diabetes and other diseases. Host Kenneth Cukier also explains how understanding soil microbiomes could help combat climate change.
"Probiotic pills could bring an end to malnutrition"
– Bill Gates, The Telegraph, October 7, 2019
Join the conversation! Use #goodbacteria on social media.
Instagram accounts we like to follow
- @bacteriagram – A beautiful feed filled with colorful petri dish images of bacteria.
- @guiliaenders – This German scientist "gut" it figured out! The key to live a happier, healthier life is inside us.
- @micropia_amsterdam – When you look from really close, a new world is revealed...
- @nomaferments – Get behind the walls of the fermentation lab of the award-winning restaurant Noma in Copenhagen.
- @chefedwardlee – The chef behind the feature documentary "Fermented" takes us behind the scenes of his life.
- @michaelpollan – Fascinated about places where nature and culture intersect: on our plates, in our farms and gardens, and in our minds.
- @thesourscientist – Master blender and yeast scientist at Mikkeller Baghaven in Copenhagen crafting wild and rustic ales with native microflora.
- @toolbeer – Copenhagen based craft brewery.
- @david_zilber – Fermentation guru, former Head of the Lab at Noma and New York Times bestselling author of The Noma Guide to Fermentation.
Explore how the Power of Good Bacteria™ work from farm to fork
Learn how microbial solutions for today’s farmers can help lower the use of chemical pesticides and create a sustainable food system.Go to our Plant Health section
Discover how good bacteria in livestock farming can improve animal health and feed conversion while lowering the use of antibiotics.Go to our Animal Health section
Learn how bacteria can help fight food waste without compromising the consumers' wish for healthy, authentic, tasty and convenient food.Go to our Food Cultures & Enzymes section
Explore the health benefits of probiotics and how these good bacteria can reduce the need for antibiotics and improve general well-being.Go to our Human Health section