Our insights on good bacteria
Explore o Poder das Bactérias Boas
Our insights on fermentation
"If you don't like bacteria, you're on the wrong planet"
– Steward Brand
bacteria cells on earth
We’re not the only ones talking about fermentation and bacteria …
TEDx talk: Unleashing the Power of Good Bacteria™
In this TEDx Talk, our head of Sustainability & ESG, Camilla Lercke Odgaard, shares how good bacteria can help address climate change through reducing food waste, playing an indispensable role in a plant based food revolution and helping plants and crops stay healthy without chemical pesticides.
Discovering the Magic of Fermentation in England, Italy, and France
Join author Katie Quinn as she explores how delicious staples of a great meal – bread, cheese and wine – develop their complex flavors through fermentation. In this book, Katie offers an inside look into the art and science of fermentation – all while taking you on a gastronomic tour of England, Italy and France.
Podcast: Go with your gut
This 23-minute Economist podcast explores how the trillions of microorganisms in our microbiome could be linked to Parkinson’s disease, diabetes and other diseases. Host Kenneth Cukier also explains how understanding soil microbiomes could help combat climate change.
"Probiotic pills could bring an end to malnutrition"
– Bill Gates, The Telegraph, October 7, 2019
Join the conversation! Use #goodbacteria on social media.
Instagram accounts we like to follow
- @nomaferments – Get behind the walls of the fermentation lab of the award-winning restaurant Noma in Copenhagen.
- @chefedwardlee – The chef behind the feature documentary "Fermented" takes us behind the scenes of his life.
- @michaelpollan – Fascinated about places where nature and culture intersect: on our plates, in our farms and gardens, and in our minds.
- @thesourscientist – Master blender and yeast scientist at Mikkeller Baghaven in Copenhagen crafting wild and rustic ales with native microflora.
- @toolbeer – Copenhagen based craft brewery.
- @david_zilber – Fermentation guru, former Head of the Lab at Noma and New York Times bestselling author of The Noma Guide to Fermentation.
Explore how the Power of Good Bacteria™ work from farm to fork