World-class products require world-class cooperation. We invest significantly in our internal R&D capabilities and collaborate with external experts to understand the science behind our products and to facilitate the development of innovative new products.
Our R&D is engaged in more than 25 national and international collaboration projects. The collaboration partners belong to high level university groups and all projects are funded by external funding bodies. The projects cover many different topics from studying the physiology of lactobacillus strains to the prediction of biotechnology production processes. Some of the projects are listed below.
- FoodTranscriptomics (DK) – Use of genomics tools to predict starter culture performance in food applications
- Be-Basic (NL) – Development of non-GMO strain improvements technologies.
- SysMilk (EU) – Systems biology approaches to design of microbial communities for milk products.
- BIORAPID (EU) – Rapid and predictive scaling of biotechnology production processes and the development of pharmaceuticals.
- BioPro (DK) – Development of the next generation processes for production of microbes.
Networks and collaboration
We participate in relevant networks world wide, with a belief that strong partnerships will accelerate our advancements within the areas we operate.
Some of the important partnerships include:
- LABIP – The Lactic Acid Bacteria Industrial Platform – EU based organization with the aim to influence and support publicly funded research on LABs in the EU.
- IPA EU – The International Probiotic Association in Europe – EU based organization with the aim to improve the status of probiotics in the EU on the basis of scientifically documented strains.
- Be-Basic – a Dutch funded research initiative to enhance innovations within biotechnology.
- Danish Food Cluster – Denmark based cluster organization within the food area to support and improve development and innovations within companies and knowledge institutions in the Danish food area.
Watch the video below to learn about our association with Danish Food Cluster.