If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your personal data. To learn more about your California privacy rights, please see Appendix A (Privacy Information to California Residents).
What information do we collect about you?
Depending on how you interact with us, we will process several types of data relating to you. We will keep your contact details such as your name, email address, company name and address, phone number, job title and role. From time to time we will also include relevant, non-sensitive conversation data that you have shared with us. We collect information about you when you register with us or place an order for products or services. We also collect information when you voluntarily complete customer surveys, provide feedback, or participate in competitions. Website usage information is collected using cookies.
The personal data which we collect, use, store and transfer fall within the following groups of information:
- Identity Data will include first name, last name, username or similar identifier, marital status, title, date of birth and gender.
- Contact Data will include email address and telephone numbers.
- Technical Data will include internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
- Profile Data will include information such as your username and password, purchases or orders made by the company you work for, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
- Usage Data will include information about how you use our website, products and services.
- Marketing and Communications Data will include your preferences in receiving marketing materials from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
We will also collect, use and share Aggregated Data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Aggregated Data will be derived from your personal data but is not considered personal data under law as this data does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. For example, we will aggregate your Usage Data to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific website feature. However, if we combine or connect Aggregated Data with your personal data so that it can directly or indirectly identify you, we treat the combined data as personal data which will be used in accordance with this privacy notice.
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
How will we use the information about you?
We collect information about you to manage our relationship with you, e.g. to process orders, manage your account, and if you agree, to email you about other products and services we think may be of interest of you.
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
We use your information collected from the website to personalize your repeat visits to our website.
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with goods or services). In this case, we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
We do not target or engage with children on any of our platforms and therefore we do not collect personal data on children.
We would like to send you information about products and services of Chr. Hansen Group, which may be of interest to you. If you have consented to receive marketing, you may opt-out at a later date.
We strive to provide you with choices regarding certain personal data uses, particularly around marketing and advertising.
You have a right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes.
If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Where you opt out of receiving these marketing messages, this will not apply to personal data provided to us as a result of a product/service purchase, product/service experience or other transactions.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behavior information. This information is used to track visitor use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity.
How is your personal data collected?
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
Direct interactions. You may give us your personal data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you:
- subscribe to our service or publications;
- request marketing to be sent to you;
- apply for our products or services;
- subscribe to our service or publications;
- request marketing to be sent to you;
- enter a competition, promotion or survey; or
- give us some feedback.
Third parties or publicly available sources. We will receive personal data about you from various third parties as set out below:
- Technical Data from the various parties:
(a) analytics providers (Google Tag Manager, Siteimprove Analytics, LinkedIn Analytics, Twitter Analytics, Google Analytics Audiences);
(b) advertising networks (Google DoubleClick, LinkedIn Marketing Solutions and Ads, Twitter Advertising, Facebook Custom Audience, Twitter Conversation Tracking; and
(c) social media (Facebook Connect).
On what legal basis do we use your data?
We will only use your personal data, as the relevant Data Protection Regulation allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances: 1) Where we need to perform a contract we have entered into with you, 2) Where we need to comply with a legal obligation, 3) Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests and yours, and where fundamental rights do not override those interests, or 4) Where you have given your consent, e.g. to receive newsletters or other marketing communication.
Where we use your personal data based on our legitimate interests for purposes such as:
- enforcement or defence of a legal claim;
- carrying out marketing activities and targeting the material we send out; and
- providing security on our platforms;
we make sure that the processing is necessary for the (legitimate) purposes listed, and that our legitimate interests are not overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and.
Where we need to comply with a legal obligation, or it is necessary for our legitimate interests, using your personal data is mandatory. Whereas it is voluntary for you to give us your personal data prior entering into a contract or where you are presented with a marketing consent. If you choose not to give us your personal data when it is voluntary we will not be able to fulfil the contract with you and/or you would not be able to receive newsletters etc. if you do not consent fully.
Data security and international transfers
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorized way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
Be aware that when you upload or forward your personal data to us on an open network, we have no control of the security before we receive your personal data and until then your personal data may be circulated on the open network without security measures and may be at risk of being seen and used by unauthorized third parties. Therefore, we recommend to only communicate on secure networks and use secure means of transferring to us.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will, when applicable, notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach.
We share your personal data within the Chr. Hansen Group and with third-party service providers both within and outside the European Economic Area (EEA). The purpose of sharing is to fulfill the purposes for which we use your personal data. Find a list of all Chr. Hansen entities and locations. A list of third-party service providers and their locations are available upon request.
To the extend you are located in EU/EEA, please be informed that whenever we transfer your personal data out of the EEA, we ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by ensuring relevant safeguards are implemented. Any transfer of your data outside the EEA will be based on the EU Commission’s Standard Contractual Clauses, Binding Corporate Rules or other valid legal basis for such transfer.
How long will we keep your personal data?
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements. We will only keep your personal data for as long as it is reasonably necessary, taking into consideration our need to answer queries or resolve problems, provide improved and new products and services and comply with legal requirements under applicable law(s). After this period, your personal data will be deleted from all systems in Chr. Hansen.
Disclosures of your personal data
Sometimes we may have to share your personal data with internal and/or external third parties. We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions. A list of third-party service providers and their locations are available upon request.
Your data – your rights
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out below, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a “data subject access request”).
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. We want to make sure, that your personal data is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate.
- Request erasure of your personal data. In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your erasure request and if that is the case, we will notify you of the specific legal reasons for our inability comply at the time of your request.
- Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
- Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent. You can withdraw your consent by clicking the unsubscribe link in the mail you receive or by contacting us.
- Request data portability in some circumstances. You may have the right to receive the personal data that you have given us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format if the processing is based on consent or on a contract and is carried out by automated means.
- Right to lodge a complaint. You can always lodge a complaint with a data protection authority, for example the Danish Data Protection Agency.
- Right to control digital legacy. You can give instructions in relation to the storing, communication or erasure of your personal data after your death by contacting us. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your instructions where we have a legal obligation to retain your information or where we may demonstrate compelling legitimate interests to process your information, which override your rights and freedoms.
If you are a California resident, please see Appendix A titled “Privacy Information for California Residents” for further information about additional rights you may exercise.
Who is the data controller?
How can you contact us?