VINIFLORA® CH11 is an Oenococcus oeni isolated from cool-climate wines. VINIFLORA® CH11 was specifically selected for wines fermented at low temperature and low pH. However, VINIFLORA® CH11 can also be used in moderate pH wines, where it will gives high-speed malolactic fermentation.
Low pH corresponds to high acidity, which is known to kill or inactivate malolactic bacteria. However, VINIFLORA® CH11 is highly robust when it comes to pH and can perform a fast and reliable malolactic fermentation in low-pH wines (Figure 1). Often, low pH corresponds with a cool climate and thereby a low temperature. Fortunately, VINIFLORA® CH11’s strong, malolactic activity can also withstand low temperature.
- VINIFLORA® CH11 is an amazing tool for winemakers in cool climates struggling to achieve malolactic fermentation in low-pH wines.
- VINIFLORA® CH11 produces low to medium amounts of diacetyl, keeping the wines lean and elegant.
- VINIFLORA® CH11 is a favored, malolactic bacteria for white wines. However, over recent years winemakers have also become fond of using VINIFLORA® CH11 in red wines to achieve a high-speed malolactic fermentation (Figure 2).
- VINIFLORA® CH11 gives you speed and a reliable malolactic fermentation, even in low-pH wines.
- VINIFLORA® CH11 can be used for early co-inoculation, late co-inoculation as well as sequential inoculation (Figure 1 and Figure 2).