For many dairies, controlling and verifying the lactose concentration in lactose-free products is challenging because the methods available are not optimal. Current methods tend to be imprecise, slow and laborious or expensive – or any combination of these.
Without access to a fast and precise method for lactose concentration measurement, dairies may have to wait for days to get a result for product release – or release batches based on “typical” results and not have batch-specific concentration data available for all productions.
The LactoSens® test is a direct assay on a biochip that very specifically measures lactose in mere minutes in milk and dairy products. Validated against HPLC, LactoSens® is available in the following three versions:
For use with HA-LACTASE™:
- LactoSens 0.02% - concentration range 0.02-1% and very useful for low-lactose products
- LactoSens0.01% - concentration range 0.01-0.2%, the product for lactose-free batch release
For use with NOLA™ Fit lactase:
- LactoSens for NOLA™ Fit - concentration range 0.01-0.2%, for batch release of NOLA™ Fit produced lactose-free dairy products.
- Release products faster: as soon as in-house testing confirms the lactose concentration is at the claimed level
- Traceability: document low lactose / lactose-free claims for every batch produced
- Easy to use: very low training requirements
- Specific: no interference from other sugars, such as glucose or galactose
- Certainty: validated against the HPLC reference method