As we look to the future, we expect consumers to be savvier than ever, and in search for the healthiest, most convenient and most eco-friendly food options. We believe a growing segment will aim to make decisions about what they buy based on what aligns with their values. Already, these drivers have resulted in higher-than-ever demand for alternatives to animal products.
Over the next five years, the global market for plant-based meat alternatives is expected to grow at a CAGR of more than 17%1.
66% of this market is comprised of frozen products that are often lacking when it comes to taste and texture. Refrigerated products, however, are growing in popularity, and have seen an annual growth rate of 63%2.
SafePro® Flora Ctrl 01 can help protect your refrigerated plant-based meat alternatives by keeping them fresh from the inside out
- Slow the growth of Listeria Monocytogenes with fermentation-powered protection and the additional safety hurdles it provides
- Offer a longer shelf life that gives consumers more time to enjoy the products they love
- Reduce waste from spoilage, improving your sustainability profile
- Use good bacteria to lower sodium content without compromising on flavor
- Enhance freshness for superior product quality and a cleaner taste
- Choose vegan-certified cultures that guarantee final products suitable for vegetarian and vegan labeling
- Streamline your recipe by replacing added ingredients with fermentation-driven solutions
“With this new launch of SafePro® Flora Ctrl 01, we begin a new chapter in the meat alternatives space in Chr. Hansen. We are excited to help plant-based producers discover what can be possible when working with the power of live cultures.”
Zdenek Cech, Business Development Manager for Plant-Based Meat Alternatives
1 Plant-Based Meat Market 2020-2024 | New Product Launches to Boost Growth | Technavio
2 Good Food Institute