Our worldwide team of wine fermentation and fermented beverages experts constantly work on selecting, developing, producing and testing new natural products or new applications related to fermentation and bio-protection of fruit, vegetable and cereal-derived beverages.
For wine (or cider) producers, we work in close partnership with our customers on a large variety of projects such as:
- How to avoid downgrades during the winemaking process
- How to reduce sulfites (SO2) in wines or even remove SO2 from the winemaking process
- How to avoid spoilage microorganisms, such as Brettanomyces, at both an early stage and during wine maturation
- How to avoid biogenic amines such as histamine in final wines
These projects generate various types of value, including economic value, whereby we not only create tangible know-how, new wines or new ways of making wines but also a new vision about how to create, reveal or optimize a grape’s or fruit’s potential through microbial solutions.
This focus on microbiology and fermentation is delivering a highly sustainable approach based on natural solutions backed by scientific facts, data and experimental results.
We have grouped values into two main document collections:
- ‘’Save the good work done by the grape growers and the viticulturists’’: These cover the different solutions to protect and preserve the grapes’ potential as soon as they are harvested.
- ‘’Add new, innovative, layers of consumer benefits”: These are the best ideas based on microbial solutions to make the wines that we would enjoy as both wine tasters and consumers, starting—obviously - with good, tasty wines containing far less sulfites for instance!
Select the value that best suits you—including both options!