Weaning is a major event for pigs and has dramatic consequences. In modern production systems, it introduces behavioral stress through relocation and nutritional stress through a complete change in feed source and structure.
One of the main consequences is low feed-intake and an upset microbial balance in the gut, all leading to a depressed performance of piglets.
Our probiotics have been shown to stabilize the gut during weaning and under stressful conditions in general. The most robust indication is significantly improved fecal consistency.
- Stabilizes gut flora and supports gut physiology
- Improves ADG by 4% (medicated control) or 8% (nonmedicated control)1
- Improves fecal consistency
- Reduces risk of and aids recovery from digestive disturbances
- Compatible with antibiotics
Note 1: Results may vary according to animal application and local farm conditions.